Friday, January 29, 2010

Gasp!

We lost our internet service yesterday during the strong winds that blew through here. That was a challenge for the first hour or so, but by dinner time, we were all pretty pissed. It never did come back on last night, so Aengus and I played a lot of games: chess, Uno, baseball, catch, and tag (logic, number sense, gross motor skills, PE).

We also watched "Night at the Museum 2" together, then he watched TV in his room for the rest of the evening. It made my evening very quiet (Noah never talks to me; he just listens to music on his headphones, so he almost doesn't count). Aengus came down every so often for snacks or to say hi or to exclaim his the Best Bedroom Ever. :-)

I trusted him with apple slices and peanut butter up there (and gave him a little lecture about privilege and responsibility) . . . . And he came down later to tell me that he didn't spill it, but he DID accidentally stick his hand in the peanut butter.

I refer you to my last post's picture of Pigpen.

{sigh}

Life will be far too calm when he grows up.

2 comments:

  1. *Laughing*

    I like your new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award for you:
    http://starkravingbibliophile.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-and-new-award.htm

    ReplyDelete